Economic leaders and Ambassador's from throughout the world gathered in Bellevue today for Salama International's 3rd Annual International Trade Conference. Bellevue University was proud to host this conference which focuses on Global Perspectives on International Business The goal of this annual conference is to promote trade relations between the US and countries abroad. Attendees at today's conference are entities interested in establishing new business relations, networking with business leaders and political representatives, learning more about business opportunities in various sectors and meeting market entry experts. The conference engages distinguished business leaders, international trade and development experts, and government representatives as speakers and panelists in order to reveal trade and investment opportunities.
Bellevue Mayor Rita Sanders welcomed the members of the business, government, non-profit, and academic communities with interest in international trade and economic development that were in attendance to Bellevue and Mary Hawkins, the President of Bellevue University talked about the role Bellevue University and education as a whole plays as an International Trade Product.
An impressive list of speakers from around the world spoke on a variety of topics dealing with economic development and international trade practices. These speakers included:
- Nilufar Salama, Managing Partner, SALAMA INTERNATIONAL,
- H.E. Javlon Vakhabov, Ambassador of the Republic of Uzbekistan to the U.S.
- Václav Muchna, CEO and Chairman of the Board, Y Soft
- Ivan Ponomarev, First Secretary - Agricultural Attaché, Embassy of the Russian Federation to the United States, Washington, D.C.
- Kevin Schieuer, Ph.D., Professor of Finance and Anthony Clarke, Ph.D., Professor of Finance, Bellevue University
- James Bonfils, Managing Director - Emerging Markets Debt Origination and Sales, VTB Capital, New York
- Michael Salerno, Vice President, Global Banking Group, First National Bank of Omaha, Omaha, NE
- Stephen Kaniewski, President and CEO, Valmont Industries, Omaha, NE
- Nurlan Gabdyzhamalov, First Secretary, Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Washington, D.C.
- Fang Shen, Partner, Food & Agribusiness, Husch Blackwell, LLP, Kansas City, MO
- Honorable Guadalupe Sánchez Salazar, Consul of Mexico, Omaha, NE
- Beau Jackson, Partner, Technology, Manufacturing & Transportation, Husch Blackwell LLP, Kansas City, MO
- Pat Cassidy, Deputy Senior Commercial Officer, Embassy of the United States to Japan, Tokyo, Japan
- Grant Leach, Attorney, Husch Blackwell, LLP, Omaha, NE
The City of Bellevue would like to thank Salama International and our friends at Bellevue University for hosting this Global Trade Conference right here in our community!